MBBS Study Guide Bangladesh
MBBS Bangladesh Admission Consultant
Studying MBBS in Bangladesh is an increasingly popular option for students, particularly from India, due to its high-quality medical education, affordable tuition fees, and advanced infrastructure in medical colleges.
MBBS Study Guide Bangladesh
Bangladesh offers a cost-effective alternative for students aspiring to pursue a career in medicine.
Duration and Curriculum: The MBBS course in Bangladesh is structured over five years, followed by a compulsory one-year rotatory internship, which can be completed in the student’s home country. The course is divided into four phases, covering subjects like Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Medicine, Surgery, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Language of Instruction: The medium of instruction for MBBS in Bangladesh is English, making it accessible for international students.
Top Medical Colleges: Bangladesh has a mix of public and private medical colleges. Some of the top medical colleges include Dhaka National Medical College, Rangpur Community Medical College, and Shahabuddin Medical College, known for their quality education and infrastructure.
Eligibility Criteria: International students need to meet specific eligibility criteria, such as having a minimum GPA, passing grades in subjects like Biology, Physics, and Chemistry, and age limits (generally between 17 and 25 years as of December 31st of the admission year). Indian students must clear the NEET exam.
Admission Process: The application process typically starts in February, with the admission deadline around May. Classes usually commence in August. Students need to fill out application forms for their chosen colleges and submit necessary documents like passport copies.
Costs: The cost of studying MBBS in Bangladesh varies, ranging from approximately 24 lakhs to 40 lakhs INR for the entire course, depending on the college. This cost includes tuition fees and other expenses but is generally lower compared to many other countries.
Consultancies: Agencies like Fortune Education Consultancy, Dream Careers Consultancy and Fortune Education offer guidance and assistance to international students for admissions in Bangladeshi medical colleges.
Student Visa: Securing a student visa is a crucial step in the process. Consultancies often assist with this.
Advantages for Indian Students: Many Indian students opt for MBBS in Bangladesh due to the similarity in the study pattern to India’s medical education system, affordable fees, and the relatively short distance between the countries.
Admission Quotas: There is a significant percentage of seats (Upto 45% percent) reserved in top private medical colleges of Bangladesh for international students.
Overall, Bangladesh presents a viable option for students seeking quality medical education at a more affordable cost, especially for students from neighboring countries like India.
MBBS Bangladesh Application Deadline
MBBS Application Deadline, Admission Criteria, and Visa Process in Bangladesh:
The application process for MBBS in Bangladesh usually begins in February.
The admission deadline is typically in May each year.
Students are advised to keep an eye on the official websites of their chosen medical colleges or consultancies for the exact dates as they can vary slightly each year.
MBBS Admission Criteria
Eligibility requirements include a minimum GPA in secondary and higher secondary education, with specific emphasis on science subjects such as Biology, Physics, and Chemistry.
Age limit criteria apply, generally requiring students to be between 17 and 25 years old.
Indian students need to pass the NEET examination for eligibility.
Some colleges have specific requirements regarding the years of passing the secondary and higher secondary examinations.
MBBS Bangladesh Student Visa
Securing a student visa is essential for international students.
The visa process usually involves submitting an application along with necessary documents like admission letters from the medical college, proof of financial stability, academic records, and a valid passport.
Consultancies often assist students in navigating through the visa application process.
Role of Consultancies: Agencies such as Fortune Education Consultancy and Smile Education Consultancy play a crucial role in guiding students through the admission process. They offer services like selecting appropriate colleges, assisting with application forms, visa processing, and providing information about living in Bangladesh.
Benefits: These consultancies help simplify the complex process of applying and adjusting to a new educational system in a foreign country, especially for students and their families who may not be familiar with the system.
Universities and Admission Forms
Universities Offering MBBS: Bangladesh has a range of universities that offer MBBS courses, including both government and private institutions. Some of the top universities include Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP), Dhaka University, Rajshahi Medical University, and the Chittagong Medical University and Sylhet Medical University.
MBBS Admission Forms: Admission forms for these universities can usually be found on their respective websites or through educational consultancies. The forms require personal, educational, and financial information, and must be submitted by the specified deadlines.
MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian Students
- Popularity: MBBS in Bangladesh is a popular option for Indian students due to cultural similarities, proximity, and cost-effectiveness.
- Academic Similarity: The MBBS curriculum in Bangladesh is similar to that in India, making it easier for Indian students to adapt.
- Financial Aspect: The overall cost of studying MBBS in Bangladesh is relatively lower compared to other countries, and there are no donation fees involved.
Overall, Bangladesh offers a conducive environment for MBBS studies, especially for students from neighboring countries, due to its quality education, affordable costs, and supportive infrastructure. The process, while complex, is made easier through the services of educational consultancies and the comprehensive information provided by the universities.
MBBS Bangladesh Consultancy
Fortune Education Consultancy, based in Dhaka, Bangladesh, is a prominent consultant for medical education, especially for MBBS programs. Established in 1994, it assists prospective students who are interested in studying MBBS, BDS, BVSc, and other medical courses in Bangladesh and abroad. Fortune Education provides services in admission, application processing, guidance, documentation, and offers special scholarships for eligible students.
Here are some key aspects of their services:
Recognized Medical Colleges: Fortune Education provides admission guidance to medical colleges in Bangladesh that are recognized by significant international medical bodies, including the Medical Council of India (MCI/NMC), ECFMG (USA), FAIMER’s IMED, ACGME, MCC (Canada), and WHO.
This recognition ensures that graduates are eligible to appear for major tests like the USMLE, PLAB, and the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, India.
- Admission and Scholarship: They offer information and assistance in applying for scholarships at top medical colleges and universities around the world. Their services include helping with online direct MBBS admission, as well as for master’s and Ph.D. programs.
- Comprehensive Services: Fortune Education aims to enable students to achieve their potential in the medical field. They focus on academic excellence, ethical practices, and social awareness. Their services include counseling for college selection, document processing, student visa application, and more.
- Costs and Colleges: The cost of studying MBBS in Bangladesh ranges from approximately 30 Lakh to 40 Lakh Indian Rupees, including hostel facilities. They represent various medical colleges with varying fee structures, such as Army Medical College Bogura, Sylhet Women’s Medical College, and Diabetic Association Medical College.
- Eligibility and Admission Process: To be eligible for MBBS admission, a candidate typically needs to have passed the 10+2 pattern examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as compulsory subjects and must have achieved a minimum of 60% marks. Furthermore, qualifying in the NEET exam is a prerequisite for Indian students.
- Quality of Education: Fortune Education highlights the quality of education, infrastructure, and accommodation in Bangladeshi medical colleges, comparing favorably with other progressive countries. The MBBS program in Bangladesh is usually a 5-year course followed by a 1-year internship, with the curriculum covering various aspects of medical sciences.
- Direct MBBS Admission: They offer direct MBBS admission with seat confirmation in various medical colleges in Bangladesh, assisting students in the complete application and admission process.
- Cultural Diversity: Bangladesh, with its multicultural communities, offers more than just academic education. International students can enjoy Bengali foods and culture, with separate hostel facilities available for them.
By choosing Fortune Education Consultancy, students can receive comprehensive guidance throughout their journey of pursuing medical education in Bangladesh.
Bangladesh MBBS Admission Criteria
The admission criteria for studying MBBS in Bangladesh for international students, especially from India, involve several key requirements:
Aspirants must have completed their 10+2 education or equivalent.
The main subjects should include Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
The minimum aggregate GPA in SSC (10th grade) or equivalent and HSC (12th grade) or equivalent should be 8.00.
The minimum GPA either in SSC or equivalent or in HSC or equivalent should be 3.5.
For biology, the minimum GPA should be 3.5.
The candidate should be at least 17 years old and not more than 25 years old as of December 31st of the admission year.
NEET Examination (For Indian Students):
Indian students must have a qualifying score in the NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) examination.
The minimum qualifying percentile for different categories in NEET are specified (e.g., 50th percentile for UR, 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC).
Year of Passing 10+2:
The time duration between the year of passing the 10th and 12th standard exams should not exceed a certain limit (usually one or two years).
Essential documents such as mark sheets of 10th and 12th standard, school leaving certificate, and other relevant certificates must be furnished during the application process.
The application process typically starts around February, with an admission deadline in May.
Students need to fill out the application form for their preferred medical college.
Necessary documents like passport copies and academic records need to be submitted.
A valid student visa is required for international students to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh.
While the medium of instruction is English, basic proficiency in the local language (Bengali) may be beneficial for clinical interactions.
These criteria can vary slightly depending on the specific medical college and the changes in educational policies. It is advisable to check the latest requirements from official sources or consult educational agencies like Fortune Education Consultancy for the most current information.